It is so easy to fall out of alignment with all the daily stresses, decisions, and delays of our every day lives. We can also be carrying and holding on to energies that no longer serve us or don’t belong to us at all and storing these obsolete energies in our energy centers, dictating how we carry out our daily life. Cleansing, clearing, balancing and rejuvenating our chakra system keeps you functioning optimally within your life.
So how do you know when your chakras are out of balance?
If you were to take a truthful look at your life and evaluate the areas in which you feel blocked, held back, influenced, or drained (to name a few), these are indicators where there might need to be a change. Maybe it is time to clear away the old clutter of everything you have been through and therefore absorbed, and breathe new life into your energy stores.
Chakras can be out of balance if they are blocked or if they are working overtime. And each chakra can have it’s own imbalance going on. For example, you could have a blockage in your root chakra causing the heart chakra to be working overtime, leaving you feeling completely drained.
Ultimately, the goal is to align everything much like balancing the tires of your car, so that you can continue down the road of your life’s journey as smoothly as possible.
Symptoms of Imbalance or Blockage:
Root Chakra – I Am
- General anxiety and nervousness
- Constant worry or fear about things going wrong, I call this OSS (Other Shoe Syndrome, waiting for the “other shoe” to drop)
- Bad moods or irritability that last for days, irrelevant of hormonal cycles
- Feelings of lack, there not being enough to go around, feelings of limited supply and competition
- Craving comfort foods
- Fatigue and energy depletion, hard to get out of bed each day
- Desire to stay home and not venture out into the world, more so than usual
- Feeling lost in your life or wondering why you are here, what is the purpose?
- Strong desire to move off grid and disconnect from society
- Generally unhappy with how life is going, need a change in home, carer, relationships, etc.
- Questioning all of your life choices thus far, including identity and life’s work
Sacral Chakra – I Feel
- Highly emotional, overly sensitive and unable to feel satisfied emotionally
- Feelings of jealousy, insecurity, and acting out manipulation
- Denying self of pleasure or activities that bring joy
- Emotional dependency on another, codependent
- Obsessive attachment to a person, pet, place, or genre
- Seem to attract a lot of “drama” into your life
- Loose or non-existent boundaries with other people
- Social anxiety or poor social skills, painfully shy
- Acting out sexually, or adversely feeling guilty or dirty when having sex
- Hoarding tendencies, intense need for more stuff
Solar Plexus Chakra – I Do
- Angry all the time, come off as aggressive or intense, overpowering, controlling
- Feelings of superiority, better than others or everyone else or conversely feeling inferior or not as good as everyone else
- Ruled by fear, phobias, anxiety
- Inability to be alone, can’t stand your own company, afraid of being alone
- Low self-esteem or negative self image, negative self talk, self- depricating
- Defensive, everything feels like a criticism, not feeling recognized or appreciated enough
- Lacking courage to go after goals or initiate change in life
- Giving others the power to make decisions about your own life, not trusting your own decisions
- Feeling insecure in one or many areas of life, needing more security, instability
- Competitive with others in a vicious manner, willing to play dirty to win
Heart Chakra – I Love
- Feeling withdrawn, cutting self off from social interactions or social situations, isolating
- Vulnerability, allowing other people’s behavior to hurt your feelings even when not directed at you
- Being overly critical of others and oneself, judgmental
- Lacking empathy or understanding, unable to see with the “eyes of the heart”
- Being overly demanding of others, especially close family or partner, beyond what they are willing to give
- Overextending yourself to please others and meet their perceived needs at the cost of your own harmony
- Feeling like a victim, the world is against you, “why does everyone always do this to me?”
- Being distrustful of others or new people that you meet, always looking for what is not trustworthy or “catching” others in the act of deception
- Smothering those close to you with love, showering others with an exaggerated amount of affection or putting them on pedestals
- Expectations that if you do certain things, than the love or support will come back to you tenfold, feeling disappointed or angry when that doesn’t happen
Throat Chakra – I Speak
- Biting your tongue more often then not
- Staying in an environment where your voice goes unheard
- Having trouble articulating your thoughts and feelings clearly
- Stuttering, speech impediment, lisp, voice cracking speech issues
- Blushing, turning red when you have something that wants to come out but unable to release it
- Frequent issues with ears, nose, and throat like respiratory issues, allergies, sinus infections, ear infections, mucous congestion, runny nose, etc.
- Feeling like you are not understood or that your voice isn’t heard
- Thyroid and gland issues, hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, swollen lymph nodes
- Miscommunication issues in business and personal relationships
- Fear of speaking up due to repercussions such as getting fired, being judged, not being understood, not wanting to offend anyone or rock the boat
Third Eye Chakra – I See
- Frequent headaches, migraines, seizures, intense pain or sensation of something sharp in middle of the head
- Experiencing pressure, polyps, infections in the sinuses, sinusitis
- Pressure behind the forehead, sensitive to touch
- Issues with the physical eyes, poor vision, blurry vision, inconsistent eyesight
- Delusions, negative illusory images, paranoia
- Sciatica, believe it or not, can be an indicator of a blocked 3rd eye
- Unable to see people clearly for their intentions and motives
- Getting into situations where you always lose money, get hurt, or experience a loss
- Trusting others blindly
- General depression and anxiety without a triggering event
Crown Chakra – I Understand
- Lack of direction in situations or life in general
- Isolation, complete disconnect from other people or society
- Inability to set goals or stay the course to reach them
- Feelings of spiritual disconnect, anger at God, feeling abandoned
- Pineal gland disorders, tumors
- Neurological disorders, Alzheimer’s, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, etc.
- Reoccurring headaches or migraines
- Depression, inability to escape the dark cloud
- Difficulty sleeping or inability to get sound sleep, insomnia
- Pressure within head, crown of head feels sore to the touch
In the video below, I address some ways to knowing that your Chakra System is out of balance and may need some TLC.
As always, please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like to book a session and have this service performed for you.
Love and light, xox